Awesome winter warmer meal 😉
**Pre-heat oven to 180*C
– 1kg of blade steak or stir fry strips
– 1 onion, cut into wedges
– 2 cloves of garlic, or 2 teaspoons of crushed garlic
– 200g button mushrooms, cut into quarters
– 1 tablespoon of tomato paste
– 2 cups of beef stock
– 1/2 cup of sour cream
– 1 tablespoon of dijon mustard
– 2 teaspoons of cornflour
– 1 teaspoon of smoked paprika
– salt and pepper
1. Season beef with salt and pepper and brown well in a hot fry pan, you may have to do this in batches.
2. Put the cooked beef aside and satay onion, garlic and mushroom until soft.
3. Add the tomato puree, paprika and stock, and bring it to the boil.
4. Put beef in a casserole dish and carefully pour the liquid over the top.
5. Cover and bake in the oven for 30 – 40minutes, or until tender.
6. In the last 10minutes, stir in the combined sour cream, cornflour and mustard.
Serves 4+ – Some people like to eat their strog with egg noodles, or pasta, but I prefer mine with mashed potato and steamed beans and broccoli 😉