My partner is a huge meat-eater. He loves meat and pasta. So I created this recipe for him which he loves. Be warned though – its pretty meaty and rich and cheesy – not for dieters 😛
**Pre-heat oven to 160*C fan forced
– 500g of lean beef mince
– 3 rashers of bacon, finely chopped
– 1 large onion, finely diced
– 1 red capsicum
– 2 jars of your favourite tomato based pasta sauce
– 1/2 teaspoon of crushed garlic
– 1/2 teaspoon of crushed chilli
– 1/2 teaspoon of italian herbs
– 2 or 3 tablespoons of sour cream
– box of instant cannelloni tubes
– 2/3 cup of a good melting tasty cheese
– olive oil
– salt and pepper
1. In a pan on a medium to high heat fry garlic, onion, capsicum and bacon until golden.
2. Add mince and brown. Once mince is cooked then you can add the chilli, one jar of pasta sauce, italian herbs, and seasoning. Simmer for about 15minutes.
3. In a lasagna dish spread a 1/2 of a jar of pasta sauce on the bottom of the dish.
4. Add sour cream to your meat sauce mix and simmer gently for about 5 minutes.
5. Stuff the meat mix into your cannelloni tubes and lay out on the pasta sauce in your dish
6. When all the tubes are full, cover with the remaining pasta sauce and top with cheese.
7. Bake until cannelloni tubes are cooked thru and cheese is bubbly 🙂
– Serves 4/5 – Leftover meat mix can be frozen or used in sloppy-joes the next day