I don’t know a soul who doesn’t love potato bake. Its good at night but even better the next day !
**Pre-heat oven to 180*C
1 cup of milk
4/5 medium large potatoes, peeled and cut into even slices about 4mm thick
3 tablespoons of thickened cream
2 heaped tablespoons of wholegrain mustard (totally optional)
2 rashers of bacon finely diced
1 onion, chopped finely
1 teaspoon of crushed garlic
1 cup of tasty cheese
salt and pepper
1. Fry on a high-ish heat garlic, onion and bacon.
2. In a small mixing bowl add the milk, salt and pepper, mustard, cream. Mix well.
3. In an oven proof dish lay out the first layer of potatoes. On top of this sprinkle some onion and bacon and small amount of cheese. Repeat until you reach the top of your dish.
4. Pour over milk mixture and cover with aluminium foil and bake for 30minutes.
5. Top with cheese and bake in the oven until the potatoes are cooked thru and cheese is golden and bubbly.
Serves 4 – Great accompaniment to BBQ’s and salads or with roasts and veggies. Even better the next day !