I adapted this recipe from visiting Fasta Pasta restaurants with one of my girlfriends, Lucy. We would regularly eat here and usually order the same thing. Mona Lisa Pasta. This is my version – very similar 🙂
– penne pasta or fettucine
– 3 tablespoons of light sour cream
– a jar of your favourite tomato pasta sauce
– 1 can of diced tomatoes
– 3 rashers of bacon finely chopped
– 1 onion finely chopped
– 1/3 cup of roasted pine nuts
– handful of fresh baby spinach leaves
– 1/2 teaspoon of crushed garlic
– salt and pepper
– olive oil
1. Cook pasta according to instructions
2. In a large fry pan on a moderate heat, fry garlic, bacon and onion until cooked.
3. Add pasta sauce and canned tomatoes. Drain cooked pasta.
4. Just before serving stir thru 3 tablespoons of sour cream, pine nuts and spinach – season well with salt and pepper.
5. Once spinach has wilted stir in pasta and serve 🙂