Meatloaf is an old favourite, its wholesome and comfort food. This is my version although you can spice it up however you want.
**Pre-heat oven to 180*C
– 500g lean beef mince
– 1 large onion, grated
– 1 large carrot, grated
– 1/2 teaspoon of chilli
– 1 clove of garlic, crushed
– 1/2 green capsicum, chopped finely
– 1 zucchini, grated – make sure to squeeze the excess liquid out too
– 1 eggs and a dash of milk
– salt and pepper
– you can add a multitude of sauces and seasoning, but I think that sometimes it can be overkill.
1. In a large fry pan sweat off onion, garlic, chilli and capsicum. Add grated carrot and zucchini and sweat off for a further 7minutes, constantly stirring. Set aside to cool.
2. Add mince, egg and milk, carrot, zucchini, onion and seasoning into a large bowl. Mix together well with hands.
4. Now you can either free form this into a loaf, or use a loaf tin. Either way is fine.
5. Bake until meat is cooked thru, depending on your oven, this could take an hour.
– Serves 4+, easy and simple meal. Works well with mashed potatoes and a yummy gravy.
* I smeared this with tomato, chilli and red onion chutney as a glaze and the result was amazing. 🙂