**Pre-heat Oven to 160*C (Fan Forced)
– 1 1/2 cup of fresh or a large tub of ricotta cheese
-1 cup of frozen or fresh spinach
– 1/2 cup of chopped bacon (optional)
– lasagna Sheets
– 2 tins of diced tomatoes
– 1 egg
– 1 onion
– 1 clove of garlic, or a teaspoon of crushed garlic
– salt and freshly cracked pepper
– olive oil (or any other oil you desire)
– 3/4 of a good melting tasty cheese
1. Combine the ricotta cheese and spinach in a large mixing bowl. If you are using frozen spinach, make sure to squeeze the excess water from it first.
2. In a pan, on a moderate heat, fry the garlic in some olive oil, then add the bacon and onion and cook until it starts to gain some colour. Turn the heat off and let it cool down before adding it to the ricotta spinach mix.
3. Mix the bacon and onion mix well into the spinach and ricotta mix, when cooled enough add the egg and season with salt and pepper.
4. In a deep lasagna dish lay out the first layer, whether that be spinach or tomato. Then lay a piece of pasta down. Alternate layer s. Repeat this process until you are about one centimetre from the top.
5. Place as much cheese as you want on the top, sprinkle with cracked pepper.
6. Cook in preheated oven for anywhere from 45min to an hour
– Serves 4 – 6. Goes nicely with salad and chips and awesome the next day.