I cannot count on my hands and feet how many times I have made this. Its fresh and healthy and a light snack, lunch or can be eaten for dinner.
**Pre-heat oven to 180*C fan forced
2 large zucchini, grated (make sure to squeeze the excess water out too)
2 large carrots, grated
1/2 large onion, finely diced or 2 shallotts, sliced
3 rashers of bacon, finely chopped (optional)
2 mushrooms, diced finely
3 tablespoons of milk
2/3 cup self raising flour
salt and pepper
handful of grated cheese
1. In a bowl, lightly whisk eggs, milk and flour. Add to this carrot and zucchini. Season with salt and pepper.
2. In a fry pan on a high heat, fry onion, mushroom and bacon until golden brown and crispy. Let this cool before adding it to the egg mixture. Also add cheese and combine well.
3. Spray an oven proof loaf tin with cooking spray and pour in mixture.
4. Bake in oven, topped with cheese, until eggs are cooked thru.
5. Remove from oven, let it cool slightly and remove from loaf tin.
– Serves 4 + people. Goes great with a salad! Can be eaten for breakfast and cold for lunch.