Healthy version of popular deep-fried chicken.
**Pre-heat oven to 200*C
– 500grams of chicken breast
– 2 tablespoons of plain flour
– 2 1/2 cups of breadcrumbs
– 1 garlic clove, or 1 teaspoon of crushed garlic
– 6 tablespoons wholegrain mustard
– 1 tablespoon of paprika
– 2 eggs
– lemon or lime wedges
– 150ml of natural yoghurt or sour cream – both work awesome!
– 1 tablespoon of wholegrain mustard
– fresh snipped chives
– salt and pepper
1. To make the mustard dip, mix the yoghurt/sour cream, 1 tablespoon of mustard and chives. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Spoon into a serving bowl, cover and chill.
2. Cut each chicken breast into sizes you want. I have done them small and large like tenderloins, both work. Place the flour in a plastic freezer bag, add chicken and shake the bag until all chicken is coated.
3. In a bowl, add breadcrumbs, garlic, mustard and paprika and mix together until combined. In another bowl, lightly whisk eggs.
4. Remove the chicken, one at a time, from the bag of flour and dip into the beaten eggs, and then into the breadcrumb mixture. Arrange on a non-stick or greaseproof paper lined baking tray.
5. Bake in the oven for 30 – 40minutes, until the chicken is cooked and they are golden brown and crisp.
– Serves 4+