Good as lunch or an easy dinner.
– 1 chicken breast, cut into rough mouth size pieces
– 1/2 spanish onion, sliced
– roast capsicum strips, or jarred fire roasted capsicum strips (I have these in the fridge as they are very handy ;))
– mozzarella cheese
– 2 pieces of turkish bread
– bbq sauce
– olive oil
– salt and pepper
1. Season chicken with salt and pepper, and in a moderately hot pan cook it thoroughly. Put this to one side.
2. Underneath a medium grill, toast the under side of the turkish bread.
3. On the top side of the turkish bread top with the chicken, onion and capsicum. Drizzle with bbq sauce and top with mozzarella cheese and toast under the grill until cheese is bubbly.
4. Serve immediately.
Serve 2. – You can have this by itself, but we usually have it with chunky chips or wedges and a simple rocket salad.