I learnt this recipe off a close friend of mine whilst living in a share house. Quick, easy and cheap too.
– shell pasta (you could use any pasta I guess, but shell pasta holds onto the sauce nicely)
– 2 cans of diced or crushed tomatoes
– 1 onion
– 1 large can of tuna chunks in springwater, drained
– sour cream or thickened cream
– 1 clove of garlic, crushed
– 1/4 teaspoon of dried oregano
– olive oil
1. In a medium hot pan, fry the garlic and onion until tender.
2. Cook pasta according to instructions.
3. Add the cans of tomatoes to the onions, add oregano, and season well. Simmer gently for 20minutes.
4. Drain Pasta.
5. Add the pasta to the sauce and stir well. To this, add the tuna, breaking it up as you go.
6. Add a little sour cream or thickened cream until smooth and creamy.
Serves 4+ – You could top this with cheese and chunky breadcrumbs and bake it in the oven 🙂