My partner and I looooove mexican food, all kinds of mexican food. So this is one we truly enjoy and that’s less fatty and full of fresher flavours than those of the store-bought ones 😉
– 400g of chicken breast, cut into strips
– 2 garlic cloves, or 2 teaspoons of crushed garlic
– 1 teaspoon of ground cumin
– 1 teaspoon of crushed chilli
– 1 teaspoon of paprika
– 1/4 teaspoon of dried oregano
– juice of 1/2 a lemon
– 1 green capsicum, sliced thinly
– 1 red capsicum, sliced thinly
– 1 large onion, sliced thinly
– sour cream
– flour tortillas
– olive oil
1. In a bowl combine chicken, garlic, cumin, chilli, paprika, oregano, lemon juice and 1 tablespoon of oil. Mix well so that all the chicken is coated in your spice mix. You can leave this to marinate if you like. I usually let it sit for about 15min whilst I prepare the rest of the dish.
2. In a hot frypan, fry onion and capsicums until tender and have gained colour. Add chicken and cook until golden and cooked thru.
3. Heat up tortillas and serve hot with sour cream and homemade salsa.
This salsa recipe goes great with any kind of mexican dish 🙂
– 5 eschalots, sliced finely
– 1 cup of cherry tomatoes, cut into quarters
– 1 spanish onion, diced finely
– 1 ripe avocado, diced finely
– 1/3 cup of cucumber, cut into small pieces
– 3 tablespoons of olive oil
– 3 tablespoons of lime or lemon juice
– 1/2 teaspoon of crushed chilli (optional)
– salt and pepper
1. In a bowl whisk olive oil, crushed chilli and juice until combined.
2. In the same bowl add tomatoes, onion, eschalots, cucumber and season well with salt and pepper. refrigerate before use.
3. Just before serving, add avocado and stir well making sure not to mash the avocado.