This is a great accompaniment to steak or lamb, makes vegetables a little more interesting.
**Pre-heat oven to 200*C
– 4-6 large multi-coloured capsicums, with the hats chopped off (you can keep these and put these back on for presentation)
– 1 cup of cous cous
– 1 spanish onion, cut into small wedges
– 1/2 eggplant, cut into cubes
– 1 large zucchini, cut into cubes
– 1 sweet potato, cut into cubes
– 1/2 can of crushed tomatoes
– 1 teaspoon of crushed garlic
– 1 teaspoon of crushed chilli
– 1 teaspoon of raw sugar
– olive oil
– salt and pepper
1. Half roast capsicums until slightly tender.
2. Coat all vegetables in a little olive oil and season well with salt and pepper. Spread evenly on a baking tray and roast in the oven until cooked.
3. Cook cous cous as per instructions. In a small pot, fry the garlic and chilli, then gently bring to the boil crushed tomatoes and sugar.
4. When all vegetables are cooked, add to cooked cous cous. Bind together with tomato sauce. Season with salt and pepper according to taste.
5. Spoon amounts of the cous cous into each capsicum and put its hat back on and cook until roasted capsicums are tender. Serve.