The best thing about a frittata is you can put whatever you please in it. This is just one version, but mix it up!
– 6/8 eggs
– 3 rashers of bacon, chopped roughly
– 1 onion, chopped
– 3 cubes of frozen spinach, with the water squeezed out (you can use fresh, but I always have this in my freezer)
– feta cheese, crumbled
– 3 large mushrooms
– 1 sweet potato, sliced thinly
– 1 large potato, sliced thinly
– 1 tablespoon of finely chopped parsley
– 1/3 cup of tasty cheese, grated
– slithers of fresh parmesan cheese
– olive oil
1. Boil the sweet potato and potato until tender.
2. In a medium hot pan, fry the onion, bacon and mushroom until cooked.
3. In a large mixing bowl lightly whisk the eggs and some cracked pepper.
4. In a large fry-pan with a heat-resistant handle, make one layer of potato, then a layer of bacon, onion and mushroom, and spinach, and feta. And repeat until it’s all used up.
5. Pour the egg mixture into the pan and on a medium-low heat cook for about 15-20minutes.
6. Once the sides start to turn crispy and fold in, place it under a hot grill until it is cooked thru.
7. Sprinkle with tasty, parmesan and feta cheeses and grill until bubbly. Sprinkle with parsley and serve.
– Serves 4+ – Goes great with fresh salad and chunky chips. Some other combinations you might like to try are chorizo sausage and roasted capsicum, left over chicken and veggies or just roasted mediterranean vegetables 😉 The possibilities are endless…