When there’s nothing available in the fridge or freezer, don’t fret, look in the pantry.
– 2 cans of crushed or diced tomatoes
– 1 can of chickpeas, kidney beans or any other legume
– 2 cups of mixed frozen veggies
– 1 cup of spiral, shell or any other shape pasta
– 1/2 teaspoon of dried oregano
– 2 cups of water
– salt and pepper
1. Combine all ingredients in a medium pot, place over heat and gently bring to the boil.
2. Simmer on a low heat for 20-30minutes, stirring occasionally until pasta is cooked. Season and serve with crusty bread.
Serves 3+ – Sometimes you may need to add more water.