This is a huuuuge hit. Refreshing and delicious.
– 1 can of baby beets, drained with 1 tablespoon of reserved juices
– 175g of unsalted cashews
– 2/3 of a cup of grated parmesan or romano cheese
– 1 teaspoon of crushed garlic
– 2 tablespoons of lemon juice
– 2 tablespoons of olive oil
– salt and pepper
1. In a food processor whizz up the cashews until crushed. Add beets and cheese. Whizz up until chunky
2. Transfer this to a bowl and combine with lemon juice, olive oil, garlic, salt and pepper and reserved beetroot juice.
3. Chill until needed.
– Served great with lavish bread or pita chips 😛 Note – This makes nearly two large servings.. So half the ingredients if necessary 🙂