This sauce goes hand in hand with spring rolls, rice paper rolls or dim sims 😀
– 4 cloves of garlic
– 2 teaspoons of lemon zest
– 1 tablespoon of crushed chilli
– 2 tablespoons of fish sauce
– 1 cup of lemon juice
– 1 cup of rice wine vinegar
– 1/3 cup of caster sugar
– 1 teaspoon of cornstarch mixed with 1 teaspoon of water
– 1/2 cup of coriander (optional – i hate it)
1. Combine garlic, lemon, chilli, fish sauce, lemon juice, vinegar and sugar in a saucepan over a high heat. Bring to the boil and reduce to a low heat and simmer away for about 10minutes.
2. Stir in cornstarch mix and cook until thickened.
3. Chill and serve.
Makes 2 cups of sauce, can be frozen just leave the coriander out