Satay chicken is usually always a hit, unless someone has a peanut allergy.
– 1 cup of coconut milk
– 1 cup of crunchy peanut butter
– 1 tablespoon of fish sauce
– 1 tablespoon of light soy sauce
– 1 1/2 teaspoon of ginger
– 1 tablespoon of brown sugar
– 1-2 teaspoon of crushed chilli (totally optional)
– 4 chicken breasts, cut into tender loin strips
– eschalots, sliced finely
– skewers that have been soaked in water for at least 1hour prior to cooking
1. Place all ingredient bar the eschalots in a food processor and pulse for about 1 minute. Try not t make it completely smooth.
2. Marinate chicken in peanut mix for at least 3hours in the fridge. Best left overnight but if you don’t have the time that’s okay too.
3. When ready to use, skewer and BBQ.
4. When cooked, sprinkle eschalots on top and serve hot !
Serves 6+ – Instead of making kebabs, you could add asian vegetables and serve it with rice. Note – this makes heapsss