Light and flavoursome.
– 500g of sirloin steak
– 2 tablespoons of light soy sauce
– 2 cloves of garlic or 2 teaspoons of crushed garlic
– 1 tablespoon of rice wine
– 125g of thin egg noodles
– 125g of green beans, topped and tailed, and cooked but still with a bit of crispness to them
– 1 english cucumber, seeded and thinly sliced
– 3 small red chillies, seeded and sliced
– 2 tablespoons of fresh coriander, chopped
– 2 tablespoons of fresh mint leaves
– 1 cup of mung beans or fresh bean sprouts, rinsed
– 1 cup of roasted unsalted peanuts
For the Dressing
– 2 tablespoons of lime juice
– 2 tablespoons of fish sauce
– 1 clove of garlic
– 1 tablespoon of brown sugar
1. Combine soy sauce, garlic and rice wine in a bowl and whisk together. Place steak in marinade and cover and put in the fridge for at least 30minutes.
2. In a hot frying pan warm some oil and add steak and cook until light brown on the outside and slightly rare on the inside. Allow steak to cool and slice across the grain and set aside.
3. Cook noodles as per instructions. Drain and allow to cool down.
4. In another bowl combine steak, cucumber, noodles, green beans, chilli, coriander, mint, bean sprouts and peanuts.
5. To make dressing, place all ingredients in a jar and shake well. Add dressing to bowl and toss gently. Serve