Due to Christmas, we haven’t been grocery shopping, this is a quick one i whipped up tonite and it was delish! 🙂
** Pre-heat oven to 180*C
– diced ham (we had leftover christmas ham)
– 3 cubes of frozen spinach, defrosted and excess water squeezed out
– 1/2 spanish onion, diced finely
– 1/2 red capsicum, diced finely
– jar of pasta sauce, or a can of diced tomatoes would work too
– 6 sundried tomatoes, drained from oil and diced finely – keep some of the oil though, so flavoursome for cooking with
– 1/3 cup of cream
– 1/2 teaspoon of chilli
– pasta – I had penne in the pantry 🙂
– cheese – i had romano, parmasan and some cheddar, so I used a little of all three 😀
1. Cook pasta according to directions.
2. On a moderate heat, fry onion, ham, capsicum and sundried tomatoes in some of the reserved oil.
3. Add pasta sauce and simmer.
4. Drain pasta.
5. Add spinach and cream to sauce and stir until all combined. Add pasta and mix well.
6. In an oven proof dish, pour in pasta, and cover with cheese.
7. Bake in oven until cheese is all melty 😛
– Could have your own combination.