A classic and quick favourite.. Gone are the days where nachos are done in the microwave.. Soggy chips ?? No More 😀
** Pre-heat oven to 180*C
– corn chips
– store bought nacho topping
– cheese, I use the pizza cheese, it melts well and is not too rich
– japelenos (optional)
– 1 small onion, sliced finely
– 1 large avocado, diced
– 1 can of kidney beans, rinsed and drained
– chopped shallotts
– sour cream
1. In a large oven-proof dish spread a thin layer of sauce topping. Sprinkle a little cheese, and add one layer of corn chips.
2. In a small fry pan, fry and caramelise some onion. Turn off and let cool.
3. On top of the first layer of corn chips scatter some kidney beans and onion, apply some salsa and some more cheese and repeat until finished.
4. Pop it into the oven until cheese is bubbly 😀
5. Add whatever toppings you wish and eat immediately.
– Sometimes when I have nachos for dinner, I defrost some chicken breast and some bacon. Coat the chicken breast in Cajun seasoning and chop the bacon finely and cook that too, leave it to cool, chop it up roughly and add that between layers also. Sooo yum. If I am making nachos for a few people, instead of just adding all the toppings myself, I put them in ramekins and serve them separately. 🙂