My partners mother and sister are celiacs – no gluten 😦 So after some research, and a phone call to Barts sister, this is what I came up with. I hope you enjoy it.
– 600ml thickened cream
– 2 tubs of philly cheese
– 1/3 cup of caster sugar
– 1-2 teaspoons of pure vanilla bean paste
– 1 teaspoon of lemon zest, and the juice of 1/2
– 1 packet of arnotts rice cookies
– 1/2 cup of almond meal
– i/2 cup of LSA (linseed, sunflower and almond meal) – this stuff is super good for you 😉 cheap too
– 50g of melted butter
– 4 teaspoons of powdered gelatine
1. Line a spring-form cake tin with baking paper and grease well around the sides.
2. In a food processor, blend the rice cookies until they are at an even consistency. Add the LSA and almond meal, pour in melted butter and whiz until combined.
3. Transfer this to the cake tin and press down until compacted and even. Chuck this in the fridge while you prepare the filling.
4. In a small bowl, pour 2 tablespoons of boiling water and add the gelatine. Whisk until it has all dissolved.
5. Using electric beaters, beat the cream cheese, sugar, vanilla, lemon juice and zest until smooth. Add the cream and the gelatine and mix briefly to combine. Pour this mixture over the base and return to the fridge for 4 hours, but best left overnight 🙂
– This is plain vanilla cheesecake, but if you want to jazz it up a little why not add fresh berries to the cream cheese mix. If you can’t get fresh berries, grab some frozen ones – but don’t defrost them as the colour will run. I served mine with pureed frozen raspberries 🙂