Nourishing. Homey. Simple. Cheap. Easy. Delicious. What more could you ask for? This recipe is great, you can easily omit the meat for vego’s. Or make it for breakfast, lunch or dinner 🙂
** Pre-heat oven 180*C
– 1 can of butter beans or canellini beans, drained and rinsed
– 1 can of diced or crushed tomatoes
– 1 tablespoon of tomato paste
– 1 chorizo, sliced
– 1 onion, sliced
– 1 clove of garlic, finely sliced
– 1 teaspoon of chilli
– 1 teaspoon of smoked paprika
– 2 tablespoon of parsley, finely chopped
– 2 eggs
– salt and pepper
– olive oil
1. On a medium heat fry the onion and chorizo until it starts to become golden. Add beans and garlic and fry for about 5 minutes, stirring often to make sure that the beans gain some colour.
2. Add tomatoes, chilli and tomato paste. Simmer for 15minutes on a low heat, or until the tomatoes have lost most of their acidity.
3. Stir in half the parsley. Divide the bean mixture into two ramekins and crack the egg on the top. Bake in the oven until the egg is just cooked 🙂
4. Sprinkle the remaining parsley over the egg, and serve hot.
– Serves 2 🙂 You could replace the chorizo with bacon or some shredded chicken mmm.. Also this recipe can be easy doubled to serve more peoples. Enjoy