This was inspired by my best friends quick and easy and super delish dinner last week.
– pieces of sour dough, or bruschetta toasts
– half a red onion, chopped finely
– 12 large basil leaves, sliced
– 8 cherry tomatoes, quartered
– 4 pieces of semi-sundried tomatoes, chopped
– 2 cloves of garlic, one chopped finely, the other peeled and left whole
– 6 olives, pitted and sliced
– (store bought) marinated goats fetta – I use goats fetta because it has an unbeatable creaminess which I absolutely adore, but you could use any fetta that you like 🙂
– olive oil
– balsamic vinegar
– salt and pepper
1. In a small mixing bowl add basil, clove of chopped garlic, red onion, both kinds of tomatoes and olives. Add a decent lug of both olive oil and balsamic vinegar – and a decent grinding of both salt and pepper. Using your hands toss, making sure that everything is covered in olive oil, balsamic and salt and pepper.
2. Rub both sides of the bread with clove of garlic.
3. Toast your bread – you can do it in the oven, but I just chuck mine in the toaster 😛
4. Top generously with your mix, crumble some goats fetta on top and drizzle with the smallest amount of olive oil and serve warm.
– Makes 3-4 pieces (depending on bread size – mine were quite small). This makes a perfect entrée or starter for a dinner party. Or you can turn this into party food. Perfect, simple and delicious. Oh and if you don’t feel like chopping, chuck it all into the food processor and pulse for a few seconds 😉