I love chicken – such a versatile ingredient..
– 1 large chicken breast
– 2 pieces of stale wholegrain bread
– 1 egg
– 1/2 cup of plain flour
– vegetable oil for frying
– salt and pepper
1. Toast your bread.
2. Cut chicken in desired pieces, whether thats strips, medalions, chunks ?
3. In a food processor, quickly pulse until the toast until it becomes medium size breadcrumbs.
4. On a medium heat, in a saucepan (or if you have a deep fryer – even better) add your oil.
4. In a small bowl, add flour and a really good cracking of salt and pepper. In a seperate bowl whisk the egg.
5. Dust the chicken in flour. Dip it in egg, and coat it in breadcrumbs until all your chicken is done.
6. Test the oil by placing the end of a wooden spoon in the oil – if it has several nice looking and consistent bubbles your oil is hot enough, if its barely bubbling wait until its hot enough 😉
7. Deep fry chicken for 2-3 minutes depending on size.
– You can use these in salads, wraps, burgers and even sushi!! 😛