I wouldn’t say that my little man is fussy when it comes to food. He just likes flavour. He will rarely eat the store-bought pre-made baby food – which suits me just fine 😀 So heres my version of ‘The Chicken Dinner’ – super flavourful, super good for the little ones and you know exactly whats in it 😛 Win!
– 1 chicken breast, cut into large chunks
– 2 cups of chicken stock
– 1 cup of pumpkin
– 1 carrot, cut into pieces
– 1/2 cup of sweet potato
– 1/2 cup of green beans
– 1 small head of broccoli, cut into florets
– 1 cup of cauliflower pieces
– 6 peppercorns
– 1 bayleaf
– 2 cloves of garlic
– 1 tablespoon of salt-reduced soy sauce **optional
1. In a small saucepot place stock, peppercorns, bayleaf and chicken breast. Bring to the boil and simmer for about ten minutes, then turn the heat off and let sit.
2. In a large pot, fill with about 1L of water, add 2 cloves of garlic and all the veggies and simmer gently until the vegetables are just tender.
3. Remove the chicken breast pieces from the hot stock and place in a food processor and pulse for a few seconds. Place this in a large bowl.
4. Remove the cooked veggies from the water and place in the food processor and blend for a few seconds – depending on the age of your bubba, blend to the preffered consistency 🙂 – add this to the bowl of chicken.
5. Fold thru until all the mixtures are combined. Add a tablespoon of soy sauce and mix well.
6. Divide into portions, containers, or icecube trays – I use icecube trays 🙂 (This fills 2 x 14cube trays)
– Then when ready for use, pop out three – four cubes and defrost in the microwave for 1min.
– ‘Chicken Dinner’ can remain in the freezer for up to three months 🙂