This is great on its own for baby, or stir it thru some custard or yoghurt.
– 2 packets of mixed frozen berries
– 1 pear, peeled, cored and chopped roughly
– 1 granny smith apple, peeled, cored and chopped roughly
– 1 strip of orange zest
– 1/2 vanilla bean, split in half
– 1 tablespoon of honey
1. In a small saucepan add one cup of water, honey, vanilla bean, orange zest, pear and apple. Lightly simmer for 6-8minutes or until just tender.
2. Defrost berries in a large mixing bowl. Drain poached fruit and lightly smoosh into berries, try not to completely mash it all together though, you want some texture and whole berry goodness.
3. Seperate into portions and freeze, or serve straight away – warm or cool 😀