– 1/4 pumpkin, cut into large dice size pieces (roughly about a 1 1/2 cups)
– 1/2 onion, finely chopped
– 1 stalk of celery, diced finely
– 1/2 carrot, diced finely
– 1/2 cup of arborio rice
– 3 cups of vegetable stock or water
– 1 clove of crushed garlic
– 1/2 teaspoon of ground cumin
– 2 spring onions, finely chopped (totally optional)
1. In a small saucepan, bring your stock or water to the boil.
2. In a heavy based saucepan add pumpkin, garlic, cumin, celery, carrot and onion, and gently fry for 3-5minutes, continually stirring.
3. Add rice to veggies and combine well making sure that the rice is covered in a little oil and cumin. Toast the rice for a further 5minutes, or until the rice starts to become translucent.
4. To the rice, add one ladel of hot stock and stir. Pop the lid on for about 5minutes, or until all the stock has been absorbed by the rice and pumpkin.
5. Repeat step 4 until all the stock is gone and the rice is just cooked. Add a small cracking of pepper. Turn off the heat, sprinkle in the spring onions and stir well.
6. Divide into portions. And freeze 😀