I made this for Krys and I after we had stayed up wayyyyyy past our bedtime the night before drinking wine and watching the first season of House. It was a winner !
** Pre-heat oven to 200*C
– 3 eggs
– 1 tablespoon of milk
– 1 potato, peeled and cut into dice
– 1 small zucchini, sliced
– 1 teaspoon of crushed/minced garlic
– 1/4 cup of grated tasty cheese
– 2 spring onions, sliced finely
– vegetable oil
– salt and pepper
1. Fill a small pot with water and chuck it on the stove. Place your potatos in and bring the boil.
2. Once the potatos are soft and tender, drain in a collander. Rough them up a bit by shaking the collander a couple of times. Set aside.
3. In a fry pan on a medium heat add a knob of butter and about a tablespoon of oil. This is to ensure that the butter doesn’t burn and you’re not left with that horrible burnt butter taste at the end.
4. Chuck the zucchini in the pan and toss so that they are all coated in the melted buttery goodness. Add a good cracking of salt and pepper and give the pan a shake.
5. Turn the zucchini over when it starts to turn a beautiful brown colour. Once both sides are cooked, drain well on paper towel. In a small mixing bowl, crack eggs and add milk, whisk until combined. Set aside.
6. In the same frypan, heat some more oil, a really good lug!!! Add the potatos, some more salt and pepper and the garlic. Toast until each side of the potato dice have a crispyness to them. Then turn the heat down low and add the eggs.
7. Cook for a further 3 minutes on a low heat. Then sprinkle with zucchini and pop into the oven for 10minutes.
8. Add cheese and bake until all melty and bubbly.
9. Sprinkle with spring onions and serve with OJ
Serves 3. Could be made as a light lunch or light dinner 😀