It is quite often that I wake up on a Sunday morning with a cracking headache. Self Inflicted Hangover. What can I say? I like my liquor, don’t judge me!! Anyway, moving forwards, I have found that this is the best way to start the day rocking a hangover. Don’t go straight to the drive-thru – try this instead.
– eggs, depending on how many people you intend on serving or how many people are awake after the night before shenanigans
– 1 small sweet potato, sliced into 1cm rounds
– 1 large zucchini, sliced into 1cm rounds
– a punnet of cherry tomatoes
– 1 tablespoon of raw or firmly packed brown sugar
– red wine vinegar
– 1 teaspoon of crushed/minced garlic
– 1 large red onion, cut into wedges
– salt & pepper
1. Drizzle some oil in a large fry pan. Place rounds of sweet potato into the pan and fry on a medium heat setting until golden brown on one side. Then turn over and repeat until the sweet potato is just tender. Then place them on some paper towel to get rid of the excess oil.
2. In another frypan, with a little oil and a small knob of butter saute zucchini.
3. In the large frypan (used for the sweet potato) chuck in the tomatoes on one side. In a small bowl whisk a good glug of red wine vinegar, oil, salt, pepper, garlic and sugar until combined. Add onions and make sure they are covered in the mix. Pour this onto the other side of the pan and caramalize. Turn the tomatoes often and cook them until they are soft and a little blistered.
4. Cook eggs – poaching I think works best for this, but you are more than welcome to boil, fry or scramble 😀
5. Serve all together on a plate, with a piece of toast or a muffin. Oh !! and a big glass of OJ 😉