Bart and I loooove Indian food. Rogan Josh, Biryani, Papadums, Riata, Naan eat my heart out !! Parker likes curry too, but I find that sometimes they are a little too intense for his little belly, so I came up with this recipe and he loves it.
– 1/3 cup of chicken breast, finely cubed
– 1/2 an onion, diced finely
– 1/2 cup of peas
– 1 head of broccoli, shaved into small florets
– 1/2 carrot, skin on, finely diced
– 1/2 sweet potato, cubed
– 2 teaspoons of korma curry paste
– 1 teaspoon of garlic
– 3 tomatos, diced
– 1 cup of chicken or veggie stock
– 1/2 cup of cooked rice
1. In a largish frypan on a medium heat, fry off the onion, carrot, sweet potato and garlic. Add the chicken and fry to a light brown colour. Add the paste and simmer off until super fragrant.
2. Throw in the chopped tomatoes and half the stock and simmer gently on a low heat for 15minutes.
3. Once the sauce has thickened a little add the broccoli, peas and remaining stock. Once the tomatoes have reduced down take the pan off the heat and add rice.
4. Divide into portions and freeze.