Its another no meat monday here at our house. Heres a quicky I whipped up this evening, I used any leftovers to make little quiches for my little man to eat 😀 nom nom nom nom nom
** Pre-heat oven to 180*C **
– 2 sheets of storebought shortcrust pastry, thawed
– 8 eggs
– 1/2 cup of cream
– 1/3 cup of grated parmesan cheese
– 1 red onion, cut into thin strips
– 1 red capsicum, cut into thin strips
– 1 small sweet potato, cut into strips
– 1/2 a block of good quality fetta, cut into cubes or crumbled – whatever suits your fancy
– 1/2 cup of shredded spinach leaves
– 2 tablespoons of red wine vinegar
– 2 tablespoons of olive oil
– 1 clove of garlic, finely diced
1. So, lets do your veggies first. In a small mixing bowl, or a mug, whisk oil, vinegar, garlic and add some pepper and salt and combine well.
2. Add this to your veggies in a large mixing bowl and using your hands make sure all the veggies are coated in this glossy mixture.
3. Chuck it all onto a tray and roast, turning the veggies regularly and cook until the veggies are just tender. Then remove from the oven.
4. In a medium size bowl, combine the eggs, cream and parmesan. Make sure to add a good cracking of pepper. Don’t add salt as this tends to dry the eggs out.
5. Line your tart tin with the pastry making sure to trim the edges. Prick the base of the pastry several times with a fork and bake for 10-15minutes.
6. Once you have blind baked the pastry case – scatter in some veggies and fetta, pour in the egg mixture and bake in the oven for half an hour, or until just cooked. Let it stand for 5minutes before serving.
7. Serve warm with a salad.
Serves – 4+ Don’t fret if you have left over veggie and egg mix, make little ones in a muffin tin or scrambled eggs or an omelete for breakfast the next morning 😀 P.S Feel free to add bacon, chorizo or shredded chicken too 😉