BBB stands for baby baked beans, which now that I think of it, is a little inaccurate. They are cooked on the stove rather than baked in the oven.. hmmm. Anyways, my little man loved this – I did too, it rocked on toast 😀
– 1 can of whole tomatoes
– 1 can of lentils, drained and rinsed
– 1 can of butter or cannelini beans, drained and rinsed
– 1 onion, chopped finely
– 1 carrot grated
– 1 clove of garlic
– 1 bayleaf
– pinch of paprika
– tiny dash of chilli
– salt and pepper
1. In a saucepan, add onion, garlic and carrot and saute until soft.
2. Add tomatoes, paprika, bayleaf, chilli and salt and pepper. Stir well breaking up the tomatoes as you go. Simmer until the sauce is thick and delicious.
3. Add the lentils and beans, and simmer for a further 5minutes.