I just made this myself and it was delish, therefore I had to share.
– 4 medium sized swiss brown mushrooms, cut into quarters
– 1 clove of garlic, smooshed and chopped finely
– 1/2 a handful of lightly shaved organic pecorino cheese
– 1 english muffin, toasted
– knob of butter
– salt and pepper
– 1/2 a spring onion, sliced finely – totally optional, I personally think it just livens it up a little
1. In a medium heated pan, add mushrooms, face down. LEAVE THEM BE for about 3 minutes, then turn them. The more you aggitate mushrooms, the more juices will leech out and they will stew. Not Cool 😦 We want a nice caramalization crust on them mmmm yum.
2. Turn your shrooms over and add the butter and garlic, and give the pan a good shake.
3. When they are cooked place ontop of your muffins, top with cheese, salt and pepper and spring onion. And eat. Simple as.