I’ve seen many variations of this recipe. This is to my taste, but change it to yours as you are making the sauce. This recipe makes a buttload. I call this noodies because there is no sauce as such, and they look naked but the flavour is pretty amazing. A perfect example of good food, fast, simple, delicious, easy and cheap 😀 This recipe can easily be made gluten free or vegan by omitting the vermicelli spaghetti and using rice noodles
– 2/3 of a packet of wheat vermicelli spaghetti
– 1/4 cup of salt reduced soy sauce
– 4 tablespoons of sesame oil
– 2 tablespoons of sugar
– 3 cloves of garlic
– 2 1/2 tablespoons of rice wine vinegar
– 2 tablespoons of neutral oil
– 4 spring onions, sliced finely
– 1 long red chilli, sliced finely, seeds discarded if you don’t like ’em hot !!
– 1/8 cup of sesame seeds (totally optional)
1. Cook your pasta according to directions in heavily salted water. Drain and set aside.
2. In a food processor add soy sauce, sesame oil, garlic, a pinch of salt, rice wine vinegar, oil and sugar and pulse until combined.
3. Toss the sauce in with the pasta in a large bowl. Add spring onion, sesame seeds and chilli and toss some more to make sure they are coated in the marinade too and they are evenly distributed.
4. Serve Hot !
Makes – 8+ serves. Could be used as a side dish to fish, chicken, prawns, beef. Or add some veggies like snow peas and capsicum or even a sneaky drizzle of good quality sweet chilli sauce. I’ve even heard of people adding a tablespoon of peanut butter or a handful of crushed peanuts. What about a poached egg ?? The possibilities are endless.