This is one of my ‘throw it all together’ dishes. Its easy, cheap and usually everything I have in my pantry, fridge and freezer. If not – IMPROVISE 😀
– 2 chicken thighs, cut into thirds
– 2 cans of diced tomatoes
– 1 tablespoon of capers
– 1/2 a cup of pitted mixed olives
– 1 spanish onion, diced into smallish chunks
– 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
– 1 chorizo sausage, cut into 1cm rounds
– 1 can of artichoke hearts, drained really well
– 1/2 a punnet of cherry tomatoes
– 1 teaspoon of raw sugar
– Parmesan cheese
– salt and pepper
– olive oil
1. Season the chicken thigh pieces well with salt and pepper. In a hot pan seal the chicken pieces and put aside on a clean plate.
2. In a large frying pan add onion and chorizo and saute for 2-3 minutes. Then add your garlic – if you add it at the begining it will have the tendency to burn and it can ruin a dish. Throw in your tomatoes, sugar, capers and olives and simmer for 10minutes.
3. Place the chicken thigh pieces in an oven proof dish, pour the sauce over and make sure that the meat is full submerged. Being super delicate, wedge the well drained artichoke hearts in there too. Top with cherry tomatoes and bake for 35 – 45minutes.
4. Remove from the oven and top with generous amounts of chopped parsley, thinly sliced basil and parmesan cheese.
Serves 3. You can serve this with rice, pasta, salad or quinoa like I did.