Oh what a week I have had.. Parker has been super sick, and now I have what could possibly be the worst cold of my life time.. I feel like death. Sadly Parkers appetite has been on the down low.. Nearly non-existant 😦 The only thing he has managed to eat today is this dip I quickly whipped up. Loaded with garlic and rosemary, this bean dip is beautifully nutty and earthy – and not to mention filling. And baby friendly 😀 Win!!
– 1 can of butter beans, double rinsed and drained
– 1/2 a head of garlic
– 1 teaspoon of tahini
– 1 tablespoon of fresh rosemary, finely chopped
– extra virgin olive oil
– 1 tablespoon of lemon juice (optional)
– chilli flakes, or chilli powder (optional)
– sea salt & pepper
1. Cut the top of your head of garlic, pour on some oil, season with salt and pepper, and pop into the oven until the garlic is all soft and mushy inside their little casings.
2. Once roasted, and they are cool enough for you to handle them, squeeze out all of the sweet, sweet garlicky goodness into the bowl of a food processor, along with the beans, tahini, lemon juice, salt and pepper and a good couple of lugs of olive oil.
3. Whizz it up until it resembles a creamy smooth dip.. The amount of olive oil you add determines the consistency of the dip.
4. Serve in a bowl immediately, chilled or warm, drizzled with olive oil and sprinkled with chilli.
– Best served with corn chips pita chips, or vegetable crudites 🙂