There are some nights in the week where I don’t feel like cooking.. Such as tonight. I was thinking BLT – with a twist.. wasabi mayo ?? Would it be too odd ?? Funnily enough it was a risk I was willing to take and it worked beautifully.. Have a go!!?!
– 4 Turkish bread rolls
– 6 rashers of bacon, cut into thirds
– 2 large tomatoes
– 2 baby cos lettuce hearts, leaves removed and washed
– 1/2 a cup of whole egg mayo
– 2 tablespoons of wasabi
– zest of 1/4 a lemon
– salt and pepper
1. Place your Turkish bread rolls on a baking tray and pop into the oven.
2. Mix your lemon zest, wasabi and mayo in a small mixing bowl and pop into the fridge until needed.
3. Cook your bacon.
4. Slice your tomatoes, into thick slices.
5. Once the Turkish bread is hot, remove from the oven, and using a sharp serrated knife, slice lengthways.
6. Spread some wasabi mayo one each half, cracking pepper on one side.
7. Lay down some lettuce, some tomato, and some bacon. Place the top bit of Turkish bread on top.. and serve warm!
Makes 4. Can be pre-made ahead for lunches the next day 🙂