I am on another health kick. *Sigh. What I have come to realize is that healthy food doesn’t need to be boring 🙂 It can be fun, funky and most of all tasty.
– 1 can of lentils, drained and double rinsed
– 1 large cup of rinsed baby spinach leaves
– 60g of goats cheese, or marinated goats fetta 🙂
– 1 medium red onion, sliced in rings
– olive oil
– red wine vinegar
– salt and pepper
– chilli flakes (optional)
– sesame seeds (optional)
1. In a frypan gently caramelize the onions in olive oil until glossy and soft.
2. Add the lentils, and heat through.
3. Add a dash of red wine vinegar, season with salt and pepper, and turn the heat off. Add the spinach and stir until each leaf is covered in the olive oil/red wine vinegar gloss.
4. Serve onto a platter or into a salad bowl and crumble the goats cheese on top.
5. Serve warm sprinkled with chilli flakes and sesame seeds.
Serves 2. This would be great for ‘work’ lunches, or a healthy snack. I served this with lamb cutlets with my middle eastern spice rub – fantastic 🙂