I have made this twice now.. Once as a side with poached eggs for breakfast and now, as a side for dinner. Parker, Bart and I love it.. It might just be our new favourite side dish !
– 1 medium sized head of broccoli, stalks removed, and cut into florets
– 1/2 a bunch of asparagus, woody end removed, and cut into 1cm lengths on the diagonal
– 1/2 a block of good quality feta cheese, crumbled
– lemon juice
– olive oil
– chilli flakes
– salt and pepper
1. In a moderately hot pan, add a good dash of olive oil, and saute until bright green and just cooked. You still want both the broccoli and asparagus to be crunchy.
2. Remove the greens from the heat and place in a bowl. Dress with a squeeze of lemon juice and another dash of olive oil, a good sprinkling of chilli flakes, salt + pepper and the feta.
3. Stir well to combine and plate up.
4. Done – now wasn’t that easy ?
Serves 2+ You could totally serve this aside chicken, steak or pork ? Or you can be like me and serve it as a side for breakfast with poached eggs 😉 If you want to bulk it up, why not add some rocket, or baby spinach, some almonds, pine-nuts or walnuts. Yummo.