Pico de gallo is traditionally served with Mexican dishes, it is also called salsa Mexicana due to its colours correlating with the Mexican flag.
– 1/2 a punnet of cherry tomatoes, diced
– 2 jalapenos, diced finely, half the seeds discarded
– 1/2 a red or white onion, diced finely
– corriander (optional – I omitted the corriander .. It tastes like soap)
– lime juice
– 1 length of spring onion, sliced finely (optional)
1. Combine all ingredients in a small bowl. Mix well. Set aside for an hour before use.