Nothing better than a roast on a Sunday. This roast is simple and delicious.. Cooking times depend on how rare you like your meat.
– 600g piece of eye fillet beef
– 2 tablespoons of black peppercorns
– 1 tablespoon of mustard powder
– 1 tablespoon of salt
1. Allow your meat to come to room temperature.
2. In a mortar and pestle crush up the salt and peppercorns until coarse.
3. Place the salt and pepper mix and mustard powder into a large freezer bag, shaking well to combine. Put the meat inside the freezer bag and shake to coat, patting on as you go to make sure it sticks.
4. Throw a pan on the stove and crank it up to the highest possible heat and wait for it to heat right up. Add a drizzle of oil and sear each side of your roast – this ensures a wonderful crust, and that minimum moisture is lost.
5. Once all sides of your roasted have been seared.. Place on a roasting rack elevated above a roast tray and pop into the oven for 30-40minutes for medium.
6. When removed from the oven, cover with aluminum foil and rest for half your cooking time.
7. Cut thick slices, and serve with your favourite roast accompaniments! 😀
– Serves 2 + toddler. What are your favourite roast sides??