I was craving pasta today. But something creamy and tomato-ey. This dish is easy and quick to make.. hard to go wrong really.
– 500g lean pork or beef mince
– 1 onion, diced finely
– 1 clove of garlic, crushed
– 1 can of diced tomatoes
– 3 tablespoons of tomato paste
– your favourite spag bol herbs :- could be italian herb mix, oregano, basil, parsley
– 1/3 – 1/2 cup sour cream
– 1 bag of rigatoni pasta
– olive oil
– salt and pepper
– chilli flakes (optional)
– romano cheese
– finely chopped parsley for garnish
1. In a saucepan or deep sided frying pan, cook off your onion and garlic on a medium heat. Then brown your mince and season well with salt and pepper.
2. Add the diced tomatoes, herbs and tomato paste, stirring well to combine and simmer uncovered for 20minutes on a low-medium heat.
3. Cook your pasta to packet directions
4. In the final stages of your pasta being al-dente, add the sour cream to your sauce, stir well to completely combine. When your pasta is cooked, drain, and add to the sauce.
5. Serve sprinkled with parsley and chilli and tuck in!!
Serves 4+ Add some capsicum, sundried tomatoes or olives if you want!