One of my favourite things to eat when I am dining out is oysters kilpatrick. I will scour menus online until I find somewhere that has them before Bart and I go out for a dinner as it’s usually a treat because they are so expensive. However recently, I found a little fresh seafood shop hidden away in Underwood. It’s not much to look at but inside it is packed with fresh and local fish, crustaceans and heaps of seafood, predominately Australian 🙂 So, being Fathers Day, I thought I would whip up some kilpatrick and salt and Szechuan pepper squid for my beloved.
– 1 doz fresh Australian oysters (medium/large)
– 1-2 rashers of smoky bacon, diced finely
– 1/4 cup of bbq sauce
– 1/4 cup of tomato sauce
– 2-4 tablespoons of Worcestershire sauce
– 4-6 drops of Tabasco
– rock salt
– lemon wedges to serve
1. In a smallish mixing bowl combine all your sauces.
2. In a small frying pan, fry off your bacon until nearly crisp.
3. Spoon some sauce ontop of each oyster, top with bacon and pop into a pre-heated grill for 3-4 minutes, until the oysters are warmed through – NOT cooked.
4. Remove from the grill, and place on a bed of rock salt.
5. Serve with lemon wedges.
Serves 2 (as entree)