I’ve been eating this the last few mornings before Uni; it’s filling, healthy, not too heavy and not boring. What’s not to love? Featuring all the cult favourites: rye, cottage cheese, smashed avocado, dukkah za’atar, tomato, leaves and EVOO. Booooom! Beautiful, colourful breakfast at your fingertips.. who said brekky had to be boring?
– rye bread, toasted to your kind of perfection
– 1-2 tablespoons of cottage cheese, depending on how you like it – can definitely be substituted with cream cheese 😉
– some vine-ripened tomato, cut to your desired thickness
– 1/4 – 1/2 a ripe avocado, smashed in a bowl with a pinch of salt, a crack of pepper and a squeeze of fresh lemon
– leaves, washed and drained
– dukkah or za’atar [mine is a blend of both]
1. Grab your toast, fresh from your toasting device.
2. Coat your toast in some smashed avocado, then a smear of cottage cheese.
3. Layer with some tomato, and leaves.
4. Add a little drizzle of EVOO, and a sprinkle of your dukkah//za’atar.
5. Demolish & Enjoy.
– vegan? replace the cheese with tofutti or a cashew cheese!
– nut free? fresh herbs are your best friend, or experiment with making your own spice topping mixes, or maybe some nutritional yeast.
– dairy free? omit the cottage cheese + maybe use a soy replacement like bio-cheese
– low carb? sweet potato toast is the latest trend, give that a go!
– need something more substantial? if you have the time, add some haloumi! or a poached free-range egg and a sneaky rasher of gorgeous crispy bacon!